Security Officer (Part-time) Positions Available:
Louisiana College is seeking applicants for a part-time Security Officer. This person will need to be available to work various schedules, which include nights and weekends.
Skills Required: Demonstrate Christian character, ability to follow established procedures, ability to communicate clearly to others and ability to walk around campus and up and down stairs. High School diploma or equivalent required.
Applicants should send an application (see link below) and resume, including the names and addresses of three references to Louisiana College HR Dept, 1140 College Drive, Box 381, Pineville, LA 71359 or e-mail information to email@example.com .
Administrative Assistant Position Available:
Louisiana College is seeking applicants for an Administrative Assistant position. An Administrative Assistant performs secretarial, clerical, and related duties requiring the application of departmental procedure and policy; types letters, reports, and other related documents from rough drafts, corrected copy, and detailed materials; maintains departmental and student records; meets and greets visitors; answers the phone, takes messages, and replies to questions in accordance with general instructions.
Skills Required: Operate office machines including calculators, duplicating equipment and personal computers. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office software and e-mail. High School diploma or equivalent required. Two year College degree or Technical College in a business related field preferred.
Applicants should send an application for employment and resume, including the names and addresses of three references to Louisiana College HR Dept, 1140 College Drive, Box 381, Pineville, LA 71359 or e-mail information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Available: President
Louisiana College is a private, Baptist coeducational college of liberal arts and sciences with selected professional programs. It is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate, baccalaureate, and masters’ degrees. A Board of Trustees, chosen by the Louisiana Baptist Convention, governs the college. The campus is located in the Alexandria-Pineville area of central Louisiana.
Founded in 1906, the mission of Louisiana College is to provide liberal arts, professional, and graduate programs characterized by devotion to the preeminence of the Lord Jesus, allegiance to the authority of the Holy Scriptures, dedication to academic excellence for the glory of God, and commitment to change the world for Christ by the power of the Holy Spirit.
The Presidential Search Committee seeks an individual with the following qualities: Academic credentials including a record of teaching and scholarship, a commitment to academic freedom and excellence, and an understanding of instructional technology; an administrative style marked by vision, collaboration, and effective resource management; human relation skills that are empowering and recognize the primacy of students; strong support for the church relationship; strength in external and alumni relations; and skill in resource acquisition. The President must be an active member of a Southern Baptist church.
Review of candidates will begin after July 31, 2014 and will continue until time of selection. Candidates should submit a letter of interest which addresses the search criteria listed above, a resume or vitae, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three references. These items should be submitted by July 31, 2014 to:
Dr. Tommy French, Chair
Presidential Search Committee
Pineville, LA 71359
Coordinator of Institutional Research and Effectiveness
Louisiana College Office of Academic Affairs has an immediate opening for Coordinator of Institutional Research & Effectiveness. Reporting to the Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Coordinator for Institutional Research & Effectiveness will be responsible for the collection, maintenance, and reporting of institutional data and the preparation of reports essential to institutional decision-making and planning. The person will work hand in hand to provide exceptional customer service to departments, divisions, and schools as they creatively develop collection methods and uses of various institutional data. This person will also work, as needed, with institutional departments in the collection and reporting of institutional data to both internal and external entities. Applicants must have significant experience in the areas listed under Responsibilities. Applicants should speak directly to this experience when making application for this position.
- As an IPEDS “Key Holder” the individual will be responsible for generating and submitting data mandated by state, federal, and other external agencies.
- Research and provide reports to administration, Board of Trustee committees (as necessary), and accreditation agencies. This includes the development of the FactBook, maintaining an IR website on the lacollege.edu webpage, and providing support for other offices as necessary.
- Development, implementation, and management of online course evaluation measures
- Inputting and Managing information entered into the institution’s Institutional Effectiveness software system – Compliance Assist.
- Managing the institution’s use of SurveyMonkey software products
- Creating and Maintaining database query language to ensure accurate data reporting
- Ensuring development of appropriate reports through the institution’s Jenzabar Ex system (Infomaker)
- Create and maintain data for use by department chairs and division heads
- Assist in training faculty and staff in the use of IR software and resources
- Provide data based analysis of institutional data to key institutional decision makers
- Develop processes to link institutional policies to institutional research data collection to ensure policy compliance
- Respond to data requests as needed
- Other data management duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Education Research, Statistics, Computer Science, Social Science Research or other relevant field
- Experience with database management, data extraction, data analysis, survey design, and presentation
- Experience in developing reports for a variety of audiences
- At least two years’ experience in higher education administration
- Experience with Survey Monkey
- Experience with Jenzabar EX
- Ability to clearly communicate in written form, orally, and develop clear presentations
- Ability to work in a pressure environment
- Experience in an institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Adherence to the institution’s mission statement
- A professing, born again, Christian
Louisiana College is a private, Baptist, coeducational college of liberal arts and sciences with selected professional and graduate programs, located in Pineville, LA. The College was founded in 1906 and is governed by a Board of Trustees appointed by the Louisiana Baptist Convention. It has an enrollment of about 1,400 undergraduate and 400 graduate students and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Applicants should send a letter of application, curriculum vitae, unofficial transcripts and the names, addresses, telephone and email of three references to: Dr. Cheryl Clark, Interim Vice President for Academic Affairs, Louisiana College, P. O. Box 567, Pineville, LA 71359 or e-mail information to: email@example.com.