- Future Students
- Giving to LC
You are here
Wildcat Welcome Week 2012
Wildcat Welcome Week is Louisiana College's orientation for all incoming freshman. It's a time to meet the students and staff that you'll be around for the next four years. This week will introduce you to LC by placing you in groups led by upperclassmen where you'll learn about the essentials of collegiate life. This week exists for you, and the Student Orientation Staff looks forward to meeting you.
2012 Student Orientation Staff
Welcome Week is mandatory for all incoming freshman (including commuters). This activity and information packed week will count as a part of the required College Connection 100 Grade. The cost for Welcome Week is applied to your CC100 Class fee. No payment is required until registration.
- August 11th : The freshman class will be able to move into the dorms on this day. Check in will run from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Dinner will be provided for these students and their families at a luau at 6:00 PM.
- August 12th : At 2:00 PM, residence halls will open for all students. At 4:30 PM, welcome week registration will begin in Hixon Student Center.
- August 12th - August 17th : all day Welcome Week activities
- August 20th : classes begin
- If you're living on campus, bring everything that you'll need to move in for the semester.
- Commuters are free to go home at the end of each day's event.
- Be sure to bring athletic clothes and shoes, a sense of humor, and any costumes or wigs you might have.
- All meals will be provided Monday through Thursday (excluding breakfast). You may, however, purchase breakfast in Hattie B's if you wish.
Author and speaker Tommy McGregor will be joining us for Wildcat Welcome Week. Tommy is the founder of TheTransMission, a ministry dedicated to helping students make a healthy, spiritual transition into college. He has spent two decades working directly with high school and college students in church and parachurch ministry. We are looking forward to adding his wisdom and insight to your student orientation experience.
Tommy’s book “Lost in Transition” will be the required textbook for your CC100 course. You will find the book helpful to have during Wildcat Welcome Week and so we want to make that available for purchase on Sunday, August 12th when you finalize your W3 registration. The bookstore will be open that afternoon for you to purchase the book and any other apparel, books, etc you want to stock up on while you’re parents are still in town. Please come to registration prepared to purchase the required book for the week. Bookstore cost will be approximately $12.25 per book.
We need to know that you're coming. Please compete the registration form and promptly return by email, fax, or mail.
When emailing your completed form, please save the file as your name and then attach it to an email to email@example.com
Follow Louisiana College on Twitter for more information about Welcome Week.
Ms. KB Thomas, Director of Student Activities
The Office of Student Development
318-487-7124 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Hotel Information for Parents
Holiday Inn Express
2340 N. MacArthur Dr
2001 N. Bolton Ave
6124 W. Calhoun Dr
Country Inn & Suites
2727 Monroe Hwy, Pineville, LA, 71360