You are here
Goals for Student Attainment
Upon graduation from Louisiana College, students have received a broad exposure to the liberal arts and sciences, are grounded in the knowledge of a major area of academic inquiry, and have encountered opportunities for integrating all learning into a workable framework within the context of the Christian faith. Every Louisiana College graduate should have the following:
- Written, oral, and technological communication skills that reflect logic and clarity.
- An ability to think analytically, logically, and creatively and to utilize a variety of approaches to problem solving.
- An understanding of the past and its relevance to the present and the future.
- An understanding and appreciation for the ways in which we know the physical universe, society, and ourselves.
- An understanding of global interdependence and responsibility.
- An appreciation for creativity, beauty, and the cultural significance of the fine arts.
- Personal development through participation in service projects, organizations, athletics, or extracurricular activities.
- The development of skills and abilities to pursue meaningful careers, life-long learning, and service to God and others.
- A mature and reasoned basis for a commitment to Jesus Christ.
- A knowledge of the Bible’s content and basic doctrines that enables the graduate to explain Christianity accurately to others.
- The ability to analyze life issues, such as theological, moral, cultural, and professional questions, according to Biblical truth.
- An ability to utilize biblical principles in making value judgments and personal decision.