- Future Students
- Giving to LC
You are here
You can now use the Net Price Calculator online! Click here to do so.
The vast majority of students who attend Louisiana College receive financial assistance. Let us help you determine how much financial aid you will probably qualify for. If you would like to know how much financial aid might be available to you, take a fews moments to fill out the Net Price Calculator.
APPLYING FOR FINANCIAL AID
- Complete your application for admission with the Admissions Office (318-487-7259) or online.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov
**Remember your PIN number! You will need it again.**
- Be sure to add Louisiana College’s school code (002007) to your FAFSA.
- Complete the Undergraduate Data Form (this is required of all students each year). This and other required forms can be found on the financial aid form bank.
- If you are applying for a student loan:
- Priority Deadlines
Fall (August- December)……………...May 1st
Spring (January-May)…….…………....December 1st
Summer (May-July)……...……………..April 1st
Questions or concerns? Call or email us.
Eligibility: Financial need of family and major physical disability
Frequency of Application: Initial application determines eligibility; assistance evaluated
Individuals with physical or mental disabilities classified as vocational handicaps may apply for assistance from their state Department of Vocational Rehabilitation. Local representatives are available to counsel the student and explain the program guidelines; call 318/487-5335 for information.
Title 10 - Chapter 106
Title 38 - Chapters 30, 31, 32, 34, 35
Eligibility: Honorably discharged from U.S. Armed Services or in military reserve
Frequency of Application: Recertification each semester
The Veteran's Administration accepts application for educational benefits from individuals who have been honorably discharged from the armed service or are in military reserve. Interested persons should contact the education office of their service branch or the local Veteran's Administration. The Alexandria office is located at 730 Washington St., Alexandria, LA 71301, telephone (318) 487-5743.
Federal Work-Study Program
Amount: Total varies; minimum hourly wage scale paid
Eligibility: Financial need and U.S. citizenship (or permanent resident), and be a full-time student.
Frequency of Application: Annually (Priority application by March 31)
Part-time jobs on campus or with local non-profit institutions are available to students whose financial need is documented through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Qualified students may work no more than 20 hours per week. This program is funded by the federal government to help students of academic promise meet their need for financial assistance.
- Student Guide - A resource on student financial aid from the U.S. Department of Education.
- Student Financial Assistance - Financial Aid Information from the U.S. Department of Education
- FAFSA - Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Financial Aid Info Page
- Financial Aid Estimation Form
- FastWeb - FastWeb's free scholarship search includes more than 600,000 scholarships worth more than $1 billion. FastWeb is provided completely free and Louisiana College is a proud FastWeb member school. Search for scholarships now!
- Alternative Loans-Studentloannetwork.com provides access to several different lenders and alternative loan options. These are credit based, non-federal loans. Louisiana College is unaffiliated with this site and receives no financial compensation for referring students.
We want you to know that we think we can help you find a way to afford Louisiana College and benefit from its many outstanding academic programs and job-placement services — thereby helping you reach your career and future goals. We look forward to meeting you.
Mainline: (318) 487-7386