- Future Students
- Giving to LC
- Quick Links
You are here
International Student Application
Application Process for International Students
The following items are required for international student admission & the issuance of an I-20:
1. Completed application
2. Original official copies of all High school or college transcripts
3. An evaluation by WES Credential Evaluation Company with results sent directly to LC
4. A copy of your passport
5. Proof of English Language Proficiency in the form of a TOEFL or IELTS test
Acceptable TOEFL scores are as follows:
- Paper Based Test: 500 or higher
- Computer based test: 173 or higher
- Internet based test: 61 or higher
Acceptable IELTS score is as follows:
- 5.0 Band Score
6. Financial guarantee in US dollars from your bank (or sponsor's) in the amount of $18,500 which is the cost for one year of study . The financial guarantee should be on bank letterhead and signed and stamped by a bank official.
After a student has been accepted to LC and issued a visa by the US embassy or consulate the following documentation and deposits are required:
1. $75 tuition deposit (required of all LC enrollees and applied to tuition)
2. A completed Health/immunization records form.
3. A completed Housing Request Form
4. Students must show proof of International Student Health Insurance with an Evacuation Clause before they will be allowed to register for classes. This insurance may be purchased after arrival.
* Louisiana College will not issue the I-20 until we receive official, unopened transcripts sent from previous schools and official test score reports and evaluations sent from testing agencies. Furthermore, these official documents must be in our office before any academic scholarship decisions can be made.
Official Test Score Information
Louisiana College's Test Reporting Code: