You are here
Service and ministry opportunities in nursing
LC offers service and ministry opportunities on campus and in the community. These include:
· Biennial opportunities to Mexico, where students and faculty conduct health clinics for the residents of impoverished communities.
· Opportunities to host nursing camps on campus.
· Student exchange and cultural learning options in the United Kingdom.
· Mission opportunities through campus-linked outreach ministries through many international agencies.
· Clinical and ministry outreach through nurse-led clinic opportunities.
· Participation in community and campus health fairs and education.
· Outreach through clinical agency partner initiatives and research projects.
· All students register and certify as health service professionals with the Central Louisiana Red Cross as volunteers, completing at least two disaster training modules.