Louisiana College is accredited by the Southern Association for Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, and master's degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4501 for questions about the accreditation of Louisiana College.
Separate accreditation for specific programs has been awarded by the following organizations:
- Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
- Louisiana State Board of Nursing (LSBN)
- Louisiana State Department of Education
- Teacher Education Accreditation Council (TEAC) until 2021
In addition, Louisiana College holds membership in the following organizations:
- Strive for College
- Conference of Louisiana Colleges and Universities
- Louisiana Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- Louisiana Universities Marine Consortium
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- Consortium for Global Education (CGE)
- Louisiana Association of Independent Colleges & Universities (LAICU)
- The Association for Biblical Higher Education (IACE)
- International Association of Baptist Colleges & Universities (IABCU)
NC-SARA Approved Institution
Louisiana College is approved by the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA) to be an institutional participant in the SARA initiative.
NC-SARA is a voluntary, regional approach to state oversight of postsecondary distance education. Learn more about NC-SARA.
If you are a student from outside the state of Louisiana, who is considering a program of study that may lead to professional licensure, be sure to contact the appropriate licensing agency in your state of residence before beginning your course of study.