Admission requirements to the MSW Program are as follow:
Submit a completed graduate application along with an application fee
- Must hold an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university;
- Must submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
Official transcripts are:
- Electronic or E-Scripts are accepted if sent by the respective Universities to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Those mailed from the college or university directly to the School of Human Behavior, MSW Program, Louisiana College, L.C. Box 605, 1140 College Drive, Pineville, LA 71359.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher for admission to the two-year traditional track, a student with a 2.5 cumulative GPA may be considered
- Submit three letters of recommendation
- Submit current resume’
- Admissions Essay
- As a part of the admissions process, students are required to write and submit an essay addressing specific areas. This allows the admissions committee to assess the student’s readiness for an MSW program as well as the student’s writing skills
- Admissions Interview
- 9 hours of social science courses and 9 hours of humanities courses in undergraduate work
- Present proof of immunizations: Documents proof of two immunizations for measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) if born on or after January 1, 1957.
- Present proof of major medical coverage.
To qualify for advanced standing: a student must meet the above requirements, and hold a degree from a CSWE accredited BSW program, and have a B or higher in all undergraduate core social work courses.
The MSW degree will require students to successfully complete a non-thesis track. Candidates for this degree will take a comprehensive exam during their final semester of study and complete a capstone paper relating to the understanding and application of social work values/Christian values.