The vast majority of students who attend Louisiana College receive financial assistance. Let us help you determine how much financial aid you will probably qualify for.
- Fall (August- December)……………...May 1st
- Spring (January-May)…….…………....December 1st
- Summer (May-July)……...……………..April 1st
Eligibility: Financial need of family and major physical disability
Frequency of Application: Initial application determines eligibility; assistance evaluated
Individuals with physical or mental disabilities classified as vocational handicaps may apply for assistance from their state Department of Vocational Rehabilitation. Local representatives are available to counsel the student and explain the program guidelines; callfor information.
Federal Financial Aid
State of Louisiana Financial Aid
- Louisiana Office of Student Financial Assistance
- Louisiana TOPS Program
Financial Aid FAQs
ARDEO's Loan Repayment Assistance Program
Ardeo’s Loan Repayment Assistance Programs (LRAPs) are a compelling safety net for prospective students and their families. LRAPs provide a powerful promise: if income after graduation is modest, the program will help repay federal student loans, parent PLUS loans, and private alternative loans.
Learn more about the program by watching the video below:
Applying For Financial Aid
1. Complete your application for admission with the Admissions Office at online.or
2. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov
*Remember your PIN! You will need it again.*
3. Be sure to add Louisiana College’s school code (002007) to your FAFSA.
4. Complete the Undergraduate Data Form (this is required of all students each year). This and other required forms can be found on the financial aid form bank.
5. If you are applying for a student loan:
6. Watch your mail and email for updates on the status of your application and requests for additional information.
7. Be sure to submit all required documents in a timely manner. Our office processes requests in the order they are received.
Federal Work-Study Program
Amount: Total varies; minimum hourly wage scale paid
Eligibility: Financial need and U.S. citizenship (or permanent resident), and be a full-time student.
Frequency of Application: Annually (Priority application by March 31)
Part-time jobs on campus or with local non-profit institutions are available to students whose financial need is documented through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Qualified students may work no more than 20 hours per week. This program is funded by the federal government to help students of academic promise meet their need for financial assistance.
2020-2021 Disbursement Calendar
Spring (Undergraduate & Graduate)
1st Disbursement – 01/21/2021
2nd Disbursement – 02/03/2021
1st Disbursement – 05/17/2021
2nd Disbursement – 05/26/2021
1st Disbursement – 06/15/2021
2nd Disbursement – 06/21/2021
1st Disbursement – 07/06/2021
2nd Disbursement – 07/13/2021
Other Financial Aid Resources
- Financial Aid Info Page
- Financial Aid Estimation Form
- FastWeb - FastWeb's free scholarship search includes more than 600,000 scholarships worth more than $1 billion. FastWeb is provided completely free and Louisiana College is a proud FastWeb member school. Search for scholarships now!
- Alternative Loans or Private Student Loans - ELMSelect provides access to several different lenders and alternative loan options. These are credit based, non-federal loans. Louisiana College is unaffiliated with this site and receives no financial compensation for referring students.
- Louisiana College's Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Policy
- Direct Student Loan Information