What’s up wildcats! My name is Camille Soileau, and I am 19 years old from Ville Platte, Louisiana. Marketing and Management is my major and I am a sophomore here at LC. One my favorite things to do is hang out with all of my friends around campus. A fun fact about me is that I also play softball here at LC. I can’t wait to meet all of my new friends here in the fall!
My name is Royanee Narcisse and I’m a junior majoring in criminal justice with a minor in social work. I’m studying to be a counselor for juveniles. I am on the LC volleyball team and part of LC BCM. I’m really excited to take on this journey with you all and I can’t wait for the school year to start!!
My name is Victoria, and I am from New Iberia, Louisiana. I am a sophomore majoring in journalism. In my free time, I enjoy playing Minecraft and The Sims 4, reading, and practicing my photography.
Hey! My name is Alayah Robertson and I am an 18 year old sophomore attending Louisiana College. I am a twin (fraternal) and have two other sisters. Sports are a huge part of my livelihood so I thought I’d major in Exercise Science to uphold that juxtaposition. Other than the academics part, my focus is also on basketball. I am a Lady Wildcat and enjoy the challenges I have attested to and family I’ve made through the program. I have a passion for the Lord, family, basketball, and bonding with others. There it is, just a little about me!
Hey y’all! My name is Shelby Cumpton and I’m from Quitman, Louisiana. I’m a history major and I love Jesus, coffee, true crime podcasts, and rock music. I look forward to serving as a navigator and getting to know all of you!
My name is Isabel Armand from Opelousas, Louisiana. I am a sophomore and an exercise science major. I play softball at LC and have met some of my bestfriends here. Our favorite thing to do is hammock in Cottingham forest in our free time. I'm so excited to be here and get to know y'all!!!
My name is Anna Albury. This Fall will make my third year attending LC. I was raised in the Bahamas but moved to Florida when I was thirteen to attend the Florida School for the Deaf and Blind because there were no facilities in the Bahamas for me as a totally blind person. Even though I was born totally blind this does not stop me from being successful and accomplishing my goals. I am currently studying Business, History, and Missions and Ministry here at LC. I will do everything I can as a Wildcat Navigator to welcome and assist you in whatever you need throughout your freshmen year at LC.
Calling All LC Students!
Apply today to become a Wildcat Navigator! LC is looking for student leaders to serve as guides for incoming students during the course of their orientation and freshman year experience.
Applications are due April 23, 2021, by noon to Taylor Dauzat by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates will be contacted for interviews after April 16. Training will be August 10-11.
New Freshmen Orientation will be August 12-15, 2021.
Please note that all included forms must be turned in before your application packet is considered complete
The Wildcat Navigator plays an extremely important role at Louisiana College. Most students form their first impression of LC and college life during their orientation experience and their interaction with their Navigator. You were once a freshman and hopefully realize that the transition between high school and college is full of uncertainty and anxiety. Your role as a Navigator is to assist new students as they cope with this transition. Wildcat Navigators are viewed as role models by our incoming students. It is important that LC chooses student leaders who have already demonstrated Christ-like character in the way they conduct themselves both on and off-campus. LC is looking for leaders whose behavior and character will encourage our new students to pursue excellence in every aspect of their lives.
Wildcat Navigator positions are open to all male and female students who meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and maintain a gospel-centered testimony.
- Applicants must be at least a sophomore by standing with Louisiana College.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled full time at Louisiana College.
- Applicants must have and maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 as well as good disciplinary standing.
- Applicants must be able to attend all of the training and Freshman Orientation.
- Applicants must be able to commit for two semesters and participate in the First Year Freshmen Experience/CC100.
- Applicants must have excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Applicants must demonstrate a genuine enthusiasm for Louisiana College.
- Applicants must display a desire to work with new students, families, faculty, and staff.
Responsibilities of Wildcat Navigators:
- Report to the dorms early in the fall semester and actively participate in all required training events and meetings.
- Attend all portions of Freshmen Orientation, including Freshmen Move-In Day.
- Be prompt, prepared, and positive at all times.
- Answer fundamental questions about campus services, facilities, and activities.
- Guide students to various locations and program points through Freshmen Orientation.
- Lead discussion groups and activities during Freshmen Orientation and throughout the entire academic year.
- Develop a personal relationship with the freshmen in their groups in order to help new students develop a sense of connection to LC.
- Provide 6-8 hours of weekly support for their groups throughout the academic year by meeting face-to-face, emailing, texting, calling, and participating with their groups in campus activities.
- Encourage and assist students in their groups with getting academic support through the Student Success Center and other support services.
- Serve as role models and maintain a positive Christian attitude and example. This includes not only a Christian attitude in speech, but also in actions and the way the leader carries his/herself.
- Follow all policies and procedures of the Student Handbook and to reinforce College policies both on and off-campus.
- Comply with the administration and faculty of Louisiana College, the Director of Residential Life and Student Engagement, the staff in the Center for Academic Support and Enrichment, and the staff in the Student Success Center.
Benefits of Serving as a Wildcat Navigator:
- The Director of Residential Life and Student Engagement and the Center for Academic Support and Enrichment will provide the Peer Navigators with orientation information, skills, training, and support to carry out their responsibilities.
- Navigators have opportunities to network with LC administrators, faculty, and staff, and they will be available to provide support by sharing resources and previous knowledge and by carrying out discipline of students when needed.
- The Wildcat Navigator program will provide the applicant with opportunities for professional growth and development in administrative, leadership, and supervisory skills.
- The Wildcat Navigator Program will assist each applicant in the pursuit of their careers through written recommendations of job performance for future employment.
- Wildcat Navigators will receive monthly compensation.
- Navigators move in early to campus residence halls, receive Polos, and other perks.
Hello, my name is Kaleb Breaux and I am 19 years old from Scott, Louisiana. I was homeschooled since the 5th grade and graduated in 2019. This is my second year at LC and I am a Marketing and Management major. I love to fish and hunt, and I’m always looking for an opportunity to be out in nature. I look forward to meeting you!
Hi there! I’m Toriance Fontenot, and I’m from Mamou, Louisiana. I’m a sophomore History major, but I’m also an English/Political Science minor. I love history, travel, literature, and art, and I listen to literally everything except R&B. I look forward to getting to know everyone and can’t wait to see everyone do their best!
I’m Lydia Castille and I am from Lafayette, Louisiana. I am currently a nursing major at Louisiana College. My hobbies include playing the piano, signing, and sewing. This will be my 3rd semester at LC, and I am looking forward to meeting our incoming freshman! This year, I am looking forward to being apart of the LC Navigator team, while also helping new students learn their way around campus. I can’t wait to kick off the 2021-2022 school year!
My name is Evan Richard I’m from Carencro, Louisiana. I’m a sophomore at LC with a major in Psychology with a minor in general business and my extracurricular activities include hanging out with friends, going on adventures, watching baseball and working out!! I’m excited for this new year and can’t wait to help you all have a great freshman year!!
Hey y’all! I’m Ariel Webster and I’m a senior here at Louisiana College! This is my second year on staff and I’m so glad God has brought you here, I can’t wait to get to know you!! If you ever need anything, I’m here for you! Between cheer, work, and school you can find me smiling over pretty skies, Sonic drinks, iced coffee and fun times 🙂
Hey everyone! My name is LaKameion Evans, but you can call me KJ. I am 19 years old and I am a sophomore at Louisiana College. At LC i am involved in SGA, where I served my first year as the freshman Vice President. I am a psychology major and I intend to further my studies to become a neuropsychologist! With my free time, I like to draw, play basketball and hang out with my friends. I also enjoy reading my bible, spending time with my family, making new friends and meeting new people, I can not wait to meet the incoming freshman in the fall. GO CATS !
Hi! My name is Gabrielle Bernard! I’m a criminal justice and psychology double major and biology minor! I plan on working in the serial crimes unit for the FBI after completing graduate school! I’m from marksville, la and I’m 20! This is my second year of being a navigator and I’m super excited to meet all of you!
My name is Madalyn Starns, better known as Madi! I am a 5th year senior with a major in Graphic Design, along with a double minor in Psychology and Communication Studies. I was a student-athlete for 4 years as part of the LC Women’s Soccer Team. I am involved in many clubs on campus, including the Fellowship of Christian Athletes. I am a follower of Christ. I enjoy the arts, photography, sports, traveling, eating, and socializing!