Calling All LC Students!
Apply today to become a Wildcat Navigator! LC is looking for student leaders to serve as guides for incoming students during the course of their orientation and freshman year experience.
Fill out the following application and return to Joy Constant (email@example.com) in the Academic Affairs Office by JULY 10, 2020.
Follow the link here to fill out your application located on the Portal under Student Documentation. Students will have to log in to access application.
The Wildcat Navigator plays an extremely important role at Louisiana College. Most students form their first impression of LC and college life during their orientation experience and their interaction with their Navigator. You were once a freshman and hopefully realize that the transition between high school and college is full of uncertainty and anxiety. Your role as a Navigator is to assist new students as they cope with this transition. Wildcat Navigators are viewed as role models by our incoming students. It is important that LC chooses student leaders who have already demonstrated Christ-like character in the way they conduct themselves both on and off-campus. LC is looking for leaders whose behavior and character will encourage our new students to pursue excellence in every aspect of their lives.
Wildcat Navigator positions are open to all male and female students who meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and maintain a gospel-centered testimony.
- Applicants must be at least a sophomore by standing with Louisiana College.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled full time at Louisiana College.
- Applicants must have and maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 as well as good disciplinary standing.
- Applicants must be able to attend all of the training and Freshman Orientation.
- Applicants must be able to commit for two semesters and participate in the First Year Freshmen Experience/CC100.
- Applicants must have excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Applicants must demonstrate a genuine enthusiasm for Louisiana College.
- Applicants must display a desire to work with new students, families, faculty, and staff.
Responsibilities of Wildcat Navigators:
- Report to the dorms early in the fall semester and actively participate in all required training events and meetings.
- Attend all portions of Freshmen Orientation, including Freshmen Move-In Day.
- Be prompt, prepared, and positive at all times.
- Answer fundamental questions about campus services, facilities, and activities.
- Guide students to various locations and program points through Freshmen Orientation.
- Lead discussion groups and activities during Freshmen Orientation and throughout the entire academic year.
- Develop a personal relationship with the freshmen in their groups in order to help new students develop a sense of connection to LC.
- Provide 6-8 hours of weekly support for their groups throughout the academic year by meeting face-to-face, emailing, texting, calling, and participating with their groups in campus activities.
- Encourage and assist students in their groups with getting academic support through the Student Success Center and other support services.
- Serve as role models and maintain a positive Christian attitude and example. This includes not only a Christian attitude in speech, but also in actions and the way the leader carries his/herself.
- Follow all policies and procedures of the Student Handbook and to reinforce College policies both on and off-campus.
- Comply with the administration and faculty of Louisiana College, the Director of Residential Life and Student Engagement, the staff in the Center for Academic Support and Enrichment, and the staff in the Student Success Center.
Benefits of Serving as a Wildcat Navigator:
- The Director of Residential Life and Student Engagement and the Center for Academic Support and Enrichment will provide the Peer Navigators with orientation information, skills, training, and support to carry out their responsibilities.
- Navigators have opportunities to network with LC administrators, faculty, and staff, and they will be available to provide support by sharing resources and previous knowledge and by carrying out discipline of students when needed.
- The Wildcat Navigator program will provide the applicant with opportunities for professional growth and development in administrative, leadership, and supervisory skills.
- The Wildcat Navigator Program will assist each applicant in the pursuit of their careers through written recommendations of job performance for future employment.
- Wildcat Navigators will receive monthly compensation.
- Navigators move in early to campus residence halls, receive Polos, and other perks.