About Dr. Joshua Davis
Dr. Joshua Davis serves as the Director of Bands in the Department of Music where he conducts the Louisiana Christian University Marching Band, Louisiana Christian University Wind Ensemble and the Red River Wind Symphony. He also teaches courses in the K-12 Education, Instrumental Music curriculum.
He previously served as a music teacher for grades K-12 at Mount Juliet Christian Academy in Tennessee from 2010-2013. During that time, the instrumental music program experienced substantial growth and significantly increased support in the community.
As an instrumentalist, Davis has performed on numerous professional recordings with both the Tennessee Technological University Symphony Band and the University of Florida Wind Symphony. He also performed as a clarinetist with the 129th Army National Guard Band and the 101st Airborne Division Band, with which he deployed to Bagram Airfield, Afghanistan.
Dr. Davis’s research interests include curriculum and pedagogy for secondary school bands. He has presented research at the Florida Music Educators’ Association conference and the Desert Skies Music Education Research Symposium in Arizona.
Dr. Davis holds a B.M. in Music Education and a M.A. in Curriculum and Instruction degrees from Tennessee Technological University and a Ph.D. in Music Education from the University of Florida.
- Army Commendation Medal for outstanding contributions as a music arranger (2009).
- Army Achievement Medal for excellence and leadership as an instrumentalist with the 101st Airborne Division Band (2009).
- PhD, Music Education, University of Florida
- MA, Curriculum and Instruction, Tennessee Technological University
- BM, Music Education, Tennessee Technological University
- The Louisiana Christian University Marching Band
- The Louisiana Christian University Wind Ensemble
- Red River Wind Symphony
- Instrumental Music in Secondary Schools
- Advanced Instrumental Conducting and Literature
- Woodwind Methods
- Applied Lessons