Justin Langford, PhD
Holder of the William Peterson Carter, Jr. Professorship in Biblical Studies and Coordinator of Faculty Development
About Justin Langford, PhD
Dr. Langford has been teaching New Testament and Greek at Louisiana College since 2013. As an alum of the school, it gives him great joy to be teaching at and serving his alma mater. His areas of academic interest include the General Epistles (especially 1 Peter), the Gospel of John, Koine Greek, intertextuality, and hermeneutics. He is a member of the Evangelical Theological Society, the Institute for Biblical Research, and the Society of Biblical Literature.
Dr. Langford is married to Melinda, who is also an alum of LC, and they have three young children. His family worships and serves at a local church weekly. When he’s not teaching or hanging with his family, he enjoys a good cup of coffee, playing disc golf with students, listening to and playing music, being outdoors, and watching sports.
Awards and Publications:
Summer 2019 – Research at the C. S. Lewis Study Center in Northfield, Mass.
Summer 2017 – Logos Conference and research in Oxford, UK and London, UK
2016 – Awarded the William Peterson Carter, Jr. Professorship in Biblical Studies
Books: Defending Hope: Semiotics and Intertextuality in 1 Peter. Eugene, OR: Wipf and Stock, 2013.
Articles and Reviews: Dr. Langford regularly writes articles for Biblical Illustrator and book reviews for various journals (Review of Biblical Literature, Review and Expositor, Journal for Baptist Theology and Ministry, and Journal for the Evangelical Study of the Old Testament)
Presentations: Dr. Langford frequently presents papers or serves as moderator at the annual meeting of the Evangelical Theological Society.
- Ph.D., New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary, 2012
- Th.M., New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary, 2009
- M.Div., New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary, 2007
- B.A., Louisiana College, 2003
- Survey of the New Testament (RL102)
- New Testament Honors (RL104)
- Elementary Greek I (GK223)
- Elementary Greek II (GK224)
- Intermediate Greek (GK331)
- Advanced Greek (GK332)
- Gospels and Acts (RL345/445)
- Epistles of Paul (RL346/446)
- General Epistles and Revelation (RL347/447)
- C. S. Lewis (RL400)
- Old Testament Honors (RL103)
- Honors Colloquium (HN200/201)
“My desire is for students to encounter and experience the grace of God in Jesus Christ through study of the language, culture, and content of Scripture.”
— Personal Quote